59,209,391 Visits from family and friends!  

See Our Photos

Sort Newest First or Oldest First

Sign-up to be notified of updates of our journal

Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 10:20pm

The saga continues... We saw Dr. Iskandar tonight around 6:30pm. Before having the drain in her head pulled, he wanted to get a CT of her head. She did great during that test. Her CT looked "fabulous" and the Resident Neurosurgeon just pulled out the drain and put 3 staples in its place. Needless to say she was not happy about that. Lucky she has Grandma and Mommy making sure she got some morphine before that!

She's resting comfortably right now. She still isn't drinking much and not eating at all. Hopefully tomorrow she starts to pick things up in that area.

I'm going to get a little rest now...

Good Night!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 8:13pm

Not much improvement since our mini break through this morning. She is not eating or drinking yet as of this entry. We stand by her bedside holding her hand. She sleeps lightly for a bit, and then wakes up screaming, crying, and tremoring until we calm her back to sleep. Then the cycle repeats. If we let go of her hand, she wakes up and cries sooner. If a noise is made in the room she jerks awake to cry and shake sooner. This is what we have been doing for over 24 hours straight now. It is heartbreaking. We got a little more interaction from her late in the day and early evening, but the bottom line is it was another long day. Thank God for family who are right there with us pitching in and taking turns, and thank God for hospital staff who keep the drugs flowing (for Hailey) and also provide us support. And thanks again to all of you who are rooting for us from afar and tracking our story. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow will bring more improvement, but it sure is coming slow so far. This sucks.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 9:04am

We turned a bit of a corner starting at around 4:00 a.m. this morning. Hailey is finally resting more comfortably. Dr. Iskandar was in this morning and thought she was doing really well. Stay tuned...more updates later.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 8:02pm

We will not sugar coat. Without question this has been the single hardest day of our lives. The diagnosis, while not what we wished for, is still something that we can come to grips with and are committed to fighting. Watching our child suffer as she tries to recover from her surgery is simply something we were not prepared for. Her biopsy ended up going a lot longer than planned. They got through it with no major concerns, but the length of the surgery required even more irrigation of the brain and it was explained to us that when this occurs, it places "horrific" (in Dr. Iskandar's words) trauma and strain on the brain and body, making for a more difficult and challenging 14-24 hours after procedure. There is no way we could accurately describe what the last 5 hours have been like. Our spirits have been lifted a bit in the last few minutes after Dr. Iskandar visited us in PICU and reassured us he still anticipates a full recovery from the procedure in the next 3-4 days, and most likely a turning of the corner in the next 12-14 hours. It is going to be a long night....